Dear Parents and Carers,
Our value this half term is ‘Honesty’.
Honesty is the ability to be truthful and sincere. Not only honest in your words but in your actions too. We want to teach our children about the importance of honesty. We want all at Barnsbury to see that it is important to speak the truth, act truthfully and take responsibility for the actions and decisions we make.
We hope that you and your family will join with us as we promote this value in school.
HONESTY REFLECTION POINTS:
- Honesty is telling what really happened.
- Honesty is telling the truth.
- When I feel honest, I feel clear inside.
- When I am honest, I can learn and help others learn to be giving.
- A person worthy of confidence is honest and true.
- Honest thoughts, words and actions create harmony.
- Honesty is to use well what has been entrusted to you.
- Honesty is the best policy.
- There is a deep relationship between honesty and friendship.
- When we are aware we are interconnected, we recognize the importance of honesty.
Why don’t you try these values activities at home?
- Create some scenarios/stories around honesty. Ask your child what is the best thing to do/say.
- Create a ‘Top Ten’ list for reasons why ‘Honesty is the best policy’.
- Read a book – have any of the characters shown honesty/dishonesty? Talk about how the story might have changed if the character had been honest.
- Design a poster to promote honesty.