Dear Parents and Carers,
Our value this half term is ‘Respect’.
Respect is one of our values that underpins everything we do in school and in the community. We will be considering ways in which we can respect ourselves, others and the environment.
Do we like people to be rude to us?
Do we like people to ignore us?
Do we like people to hurt us?
Do we like people to not trust us?
Do we like people to take our things?
Do we like people to break or spoil our things?
Do we like people to mess up our special places?
Do we like people to spoil our experiences?
We can’t expect to be respected unless we show Respect.
We hope that you and your family will join with us as we promote this value in school.
RESPECT REFLECTION POINTS:
· Respect is knowing I am lovable and capable.
· Respect is listening to others.
· Respect is knowing others are valuable too.
· Respect for the self is the seed that gives growth to confidence.
· Those who show respect will receive respect.
· When we have respect for ourselves, it is easy to have respect for others.
Why don’t you try these values activities at home?
· Create a recipe for Respect – what ingredients do you need?
· Read a book – have any of the characters shown respect/disrespect?
· Design a poster to promote respecting the environment.
· Make a list of things people do which are Respectful. For example, Hold open the door for you.
· Cut out a newspaper or magazine article of someone showing Respect.