This Half Terms Value: Courage
Dear Parents and Carers,
Our value this half term is ‘Courage’.We will be reflecting on the many different forms of courage, the courage to be ourselves, the courage to do the right thing, the courage to be brave when we are hurt and the importance of being brave enough to try new things and be brave enough to attempt things that are hard. A skill which is greatly needed in these unprecedented times! We will be considering the positive effects a courageous action can have on us and the people around us.
We hope that you and your family will join with us as we promote this value in school.
COURAGE REFLECTION POINTS:
· Facing danger or difficulties with confidence and determination.
· Facing your fears by taking action while feeling the fear – it doesn’t mean never being afraid.
· Standing up for what you think is right.
· Being true to yourself. To live your life in a way that reflects your values e.g. honesty, respect, understanding.
Why don’t you try these values activities at home?
- Learn something new – knitting, painting etc.
- Try a new sport, something you’ve always liked the idea of but never been
brave enough to try.
- Keep at a challenge even when it’s tricky.
- Climb a tree.
- Phone someone who you may have lost touch with.
- Try a new food that you haven’t eaten before.