To emphasise the caring ethos of our school, the staff and governors are committed to the following principles:-
- The welfare and well-being of each child is of paramount importance.
- Our policy works on the premise that abuse takes place in all communities and that school staff are particularly well-placed to identify and refer concerns and also to act to prevent children and young people from being abused.
- We respect and value each child as an individual.
- We are a listening school, and encourage an environment where children feel free to talk, knowing that they will be listened to.
- The protection of children from abuse is a whole-school issue, and the responsibility therefore of the entire school community.
- Our policy should be accessible in terms of understanding and availability. Regular training will ensure all adults in school are aware of indicators of concern or abuse and the designated safeguarding leads that such information should be promptly passed on to.
- We will use the school curriculum to resource our children to protect themselves from abuse, both as victims and as potential perpetrators.
Please click here to see our Child protection and Safeguarding Policy
If you are concerned about the safety of a child, you can contact the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub(MASH):
Phone 0300 470 9100-Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Outside hours call the Emergency Team:01483 517898
Please click here to see the Surrey Safeguarding Children Arrangements 2019
In an emergency where you may be concerned for a child's immediate safety call Surrey Police 999